Playing Minecraft is one of my favorite ways to spend time with my friends. But I hate most public servers. The wait times, the lag, and the rules kill all the fun. Running your own Minecraft server is the best way to play Minecraft.
Whether you want to start a new server for you and your friends or create a public server for everyone, here are some of the most affordable options for Mincraft hosting.
Hostinger is our number one choice for Minecraft Server Hosting because they make it affordable. They are trusted by thousands of online businesses around the world, so if you host your Minecraft Server with them, you are in good company.
Hostinger made a name for themselves by offering the cheapest web hosting plans on the Internet. Although mostly known for their web hosting services, they are one of the best Minecraft Server hosts on the market.
Their Minecraft Hosting plans start at $8.95 per month. The starting plan comes with 2 GB RAM and 2 vCPUs. This affordable plan comes with a simple VPS-Hosting control panel that you can use to manage your VPS. Every plan comes with Minecraft server pre-installed. That means, all you have to do to start playing is to configure it.
The best part about going with Hostinger is that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee which isn’t the norm in the industry. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with their service, you can ask them for a refund.
- Instant Setup. No need to wait hours or contact support.
- Free DDoS protection.
- Comes with Multicraft Panel.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- Automatic Off-Site Backups.
- Change that location of your server anytime by submitting a support ticket.
- Dual-CPU Hardware.
- Affordable plans.
- Not a lot of server locations to choose from.
Hostinger’s pricing starts at only $8.95 per month. It is an affordable plan that comes with 2 GB RAM and 2 vCPUs. Although Hostinger doesn’t offer as many server locations as some other web hosts on this list, they are a trusted web hosting company that servers thousands of customers around the world.
Hostinger’s pricing makes it easy to scale your Minecraft server as you start getting more players. You can upgrade your server with just a few clicks with almost no downtime.
If you are unsatisfied with the service, you can ask for a refund within the first thirty days.
GGServers is one of the best Minecraft Hosting services on the Internet. They have a cool 4.5 out of 5 rating on TrustPilot with more than 1,500 reviews.
GGServers supports both Java and Bedrock edition of Minecraft. Their plans are one of the most affordable on the market starting at only $3 per month. Their basic $3 per month plan only comes with 12 Player Slots and 1 GB of RAM. It is great if you only want to play with a couple of your friends.
Even if you want to host a public server with lots of players, you can still do it for cheap with GGServers. Their plan with 144 player slots is only $36 per month.
- Free DDoS Protection.
- 9 different server locations to choose from that are spread around the world.
- Instant Minecraft server setup.
- Premium plans with Faster Hardware and other great features.
- Affordable server plans.
- A simple dashboard where you can manage your server and configure it.
- Many different server types to choose from.
- Many raving TrustPilot reviews about customer support.
- Add players as sub-users to let them manage the server for you.
- Set roles for sub-users to limit the amount of control they have.
- The refund policy is limited to 24 Hours.
GGServers’ pricing is one of the cheapest in the market. If you want an affordable place to host your Minecraft server, GGServers is the place for it. GGServers’s pricing starts at only $3 per month. Their cheapest plan comes with 1 GB RAM and 12 Player Slots.
Bisect Hosting specializes in Minecraft Hosting. Their plans are affordable and offer everything you need to run a Minecraft server smoothly.
BIsect Hosting offers a huge selection of Minecraft Mods to choose from including ATLauncher, Fabric, FTB, and Pixelmon. You could also go with the vanilla Minecraft or the Bedrock version if that’s what you are looking for.
They offer budget and premium packages for their servers. The former limits the number of slots while the latter offers unlimited slots. Their most basic plan comes with 12 slots, unlimited SSD, DDOS protection, and Multicraft Control Panel for only $2.99 per month.
- Affordable budget packages to play with friends starting at just $2.99/month.
- Unlimited NVMe SSD disk space on all plans.
- Free DDOS Protection.
- Support for custom JAR file.
- Free dedicated IP on premium plans.
- You can get a refund for a gaming server within the first 3 days.
- 3-day refund window is a lot longer than most Minecraft server hosts.
- Free daily backups only on premium plans.
BisectHosting’s plans start at only $2.99/month. Their starter plan allows up to 12 player slots and 1 GB RAM. Their premium plans come with a Dedicated IP, unlimited player slots, free daily backups, and free modpack installation and updates.
Meloncube is one of the most popular minecraft hosts. Their affordable pricing starts at only $3 per month. If you are looking to play with a couple of your friends, their starter plan is a good choice.
All of Meloncube’s Minecraft plans offer unlimited player slots and unlimited SSD storage. They also come with Multicraft 2.0 control panel. Meloncube’s servers offer a 1 Gbps connection, which means you will face little lag if ever.
- Unlimited player slots on all plans.
- Multicraft 2.0 control panel.
- Unlimited SSD storage.
- 480 Gbps DDoS protection.
- 6 different server locations available.
- Daily remote backups.
- Full FTP access to your server.
- Dedicated port costs $2.49 per month.
Meloncube’s pricing starts at only $3 per month. It comes with 1024 MB of RAM and allows unlimited player slots. You also get unlimited SSD storage. Their starter plan is enough for playing with a couple of friends.
But if you want to play with more than 5 people at a time, you might want to consider their $6 per month plan to avoid lag. It comes with 2048 MB of RAM, unlimited player slots, and unlimited SSD storage.
You can get 15% off if you go for the annual plan.
Shockbyte offers game servers for Minecraft, Valheim, ARK, Rust, and many other games. Their affordable Minecraft plans are great for starting both casual and commercial servers.
Shockbyte offers many different plans based on how many players you are expecting on your server. If you can’t find a plan that suits your needs, you can also create your own custom plan with a custom amount of RAM and slots. Their custom plans start at $42.50 per month and offer 17 GB of RAM, which isn’t sensible for the casual player.
All Shockbyte Minecraft plans come with custom JAR support, DDoS Protection, Unlimited SSD Storage, unlimited bandwidth, Java Version Switcher, and much more.
- All mod packs available for installation.
- Multicraft Control Panel.
- Free subdomain if you don’t have a custom domain.
- Full FTP access.
- DDoS Protection.
- Java Version Switcher.
- Automatic backups.
- BungeeCord support.
- 4 server locations to choose from that are spread around the world.
- Only 4 server locations to choose from.
Shockbyte’s pricing starts at only $2.50 per month, which is one of the lowest in the industry. Their $2.50 starting plan comes with 20 player slots and 1 GB of RAM. You also get unlimited disk space and bandwidth, which is a common feature on all the plans.
Their servers run on NVMe SSD drives, which are faster than regular SSD drives. All their plans come with Multicraft Control Panel that makes it super easy to manage your Minecraft server and change its settings.
Apex Hosting offers Bedrock and Java edition minecraft servers. They offer 200+ Modpacks you can install with just a click. Their servers also come with premade minigames you can install on your Minecraft server.
One of the best things about Apex is that they offer free server transfers from other webs hosts. So, if you have a server that’s already running on another host, you can get it transfered to your Apex account for free. Most Minecraft hosts don’t offer this service for free.
The best part about Apex is that their server locations are spread around the world. That means, whether you live in the US or Japan, you can choose a server location close to you to minimize lag.
- Free premade minigames.
- 200+ modpacks you can install in just a click.
- More than a dozen server locations to choose from.
- Server locations that are spread around the world.
- Unlimited player slots on all plans.
- Automated backups for free on all plans.
- Renewal price is higher than first month price.
- Modpacks reserved for higher-tier plans.
Apex Hosting’s pricing starts at only $4.49 per month. It comes with 1 GB of RAM but doesn’t allow any modpacks. It allows unlimited player slots. Most of the lower-tier plans are only allowed some of the modpacks. If you want access to all the modpacks that are allowed, you will need to go with the $22.49 per month plan.
Scalacube offers servers for both Minecraft and Minecraft Pocket Edition. The best part about Scalacube is that they offer a free plan that you can use to test out their servers.
Unlike other providers, Scalacube offers you a VPS server that you can install an unlimited number of servers on.
- Support for BungeeCord.
- Support for custom JAR file.
- DDoS protection for your servers.
- A free server to test their service before buying.
- Free domain name.
- 13 mini-games.
- Support for Mods and Plugins.
- Create a website and Forum for your Minecraft server.
- Renewal price is higher than the first-month price.
- Only 768 MB of RAM for $5 per month.
Scalacube offers a free forever Minecraft server for you to test their service before you buy. Their premium plans start at $2.50 per month. Their starter plan comes with 768 MB of RAM. It comes with 10 GB of SSD storage and an unlimited number of server installations.
Whether you want to play casually with your friends or start a public minecraft server for the world, these Minecraft hosts should be enough to choose from.